Thursday, April 1, 2010

Opppssss.....!


Today, while I was teaching, one of my students told me that I had a chalk mark on my left cheek.
So, I rub it off and continued explaining.

He stopped me once again just to tell me that the mark was still there. So, I took out a tissue and wiped it off.

Then, he stood up just to gesture it was his left, which meant my right cheek. So, I used the same tissue to clean my right cheek. This time around, his classmates started to giggle.

Bang! It occured to me today is April Fool.

The student just confirmed it by saying out loud, "
April Fool, teacher! I is sorry!"

I was startled.
Not because of the joke, but actually that was the first sentence, fully in English (although there is an SVA mistake there) that he has ever spoken to me.
(Mind you, this is the last class in which more than half don't even know what to fill in when they see
NAME: ___________ during the exam).

Do you know want to know what was my response?

I did not laugh, not even smiled. I turned to my table and took my big cane, went to his table. With the most furious face that I could put on, I asked him to tell me what was his mistake.

The poor boy stuttered, " Sorry, teacher. Lenkali saya tak buat lagi. Gurau je tadi!

I said: "No. Kasi rotan satu!"

While the boy raised up his palm, he made a mistake by closing his eyes. I immediately used my chalk and gave chalk marks on both of his cheeks.

The whole class roared with laughter.

The boy immediately opened his eyes. I gestured to the whole class and in unison we yelled, "APRIL FOOL!!"

0 comments on "Opppssss.....!"

 

The Laydee Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez