Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I miss Easy Way's Mango Puding with Rainbow Jelly


Three years back, I was so nervous about the university placement. I was hoping that I got New Zealand, didn't matter if it was in Wellington or Auckland. I thought that New Zealand would really suit my taste of scenery. I'd already browsed and secretly planned my ski trip during winter, sky diving or maybe bungee jumping during autumn. Oh man, I really want to witness the tranquil scenery. Not Australia. Not even once I thought of Australia. Finger crossed.

When I heard the announcement, my name was called for Macquarie University, which is in Sydney, Australia. I bit my lower lip to suck in my tears. I was shocked. Dumbfounded. Especially when I tilted my head around, I was never close with any of others whom being sent to Macquarie.

"Damn! How can I survive this" I thought to myself.

Few months passed, I was wrong. I was totally in love with Sydney. Indeed I still am. It really suits my soul, my style of studying, my social life, my tension-reliever needs (i.e.: shopping) and of course, I found my other half there. maybe, I wouldn't experienced all these if I was in New Zealand. Maybe I wouldn't have a chance to be part of Malaysian Students' Association and meet awesome friends with gorgeous attitudes there. During my second year there, I paid a 3 weeks visit to New Zealand. I was excited and ridiculously happy about the trip. I had the chance to fulfill my Year 1's secret plans there. It was maniacally exciting yet it seemed nothing there can beat my passion for Sydney, my second home. As much as I dragged my feet when I was leaving for Sydney from KLIA, I dragged my feet even more when I had to come back to Malaysia on December 14, 2007.


It proves to me that God has His own agenda after all. He knows what's best for me.


****
I guess this time around, He's testing me again. I am experiencing exactly the same hurdles of wind in my stomach. It is rumoured that B.ed TESOL Menengah postings will be announced tomorrow. I am nervous about it.

Wrong! I am damn nervous about it.

My other half and I put Johor as our choice but we'll never be sure of what it would be. The reason why I lay my finger on that southern part of Peninsular Malaysia's map is because I think it would be easier if I need any help from my sister (since my father passed away, she's my pillar of strength) as I am quite nervous in teetering my new life alone. Plus, we have been told that Johor is lacking of English teachers.

I can pull cable if I want. I was tempted when my mom asked me a few months back. My secondary teacher was willing to help me with the posting as he works in PPD Pontian now. But when I did some thinking, how selfish I could have been if I ever accept that offer. I am not attacking anybody here, it's just my humble opinion. If, I cause endless troubles to another person who is really in need to be in the school where I was posted, what will happen to that person? Let say, (s)he needs to take care of a sick mother but couldn't afford to do so because of the distance, what will happen to the mother?

Now, what I can do is wait and trying to be positive for the results tomorrow. I know if I don't get what I want, I will be severely disappointed and have a mood swing all day (alert to bb ;p). But I also know, the disappoinments will only be temporary.

Wherever I will be posted, I believe God has a great plans for me ahead. He is the one who really knows what I need after all. Plus, how could I know that the place is worse if I have never been there yet?

He has done once with my placement in Macquarie, He might do it again.

5 comments on "I miss Easy Way's Mango Puding with Rainbow Jelly"

ahseng on December 23, 2008 3:04 PM said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.mood swing. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jarod Yong on December 23, 2008 7:35 PM said...

That is an examplary display of attitude.
Keep it up!

The Laydee on December 24, 2008 1:18 PM said...

ahseng:
yes, you know that you're my walking diary, punching bag, sweet cure and all. who else that I am going to pour them to? :p

ah^kam_koko':
Thanks Jarod :) Good luck with your posting too!

Najib Azmi on December 29, 2008 10:44 AM said...

hah. btol2! couldn't agree more with you. heck, i never would've studied japanese had i been sent anywhere other than vuw =)

The Laydee on December 30, 2008 10:31 AM said...

Leny once told me that you guys learnt Japanese there, with Sue Fin as well. Glad to hear that you had a good time in your university too.

Good luck with your posting!

 

The Laydee Copyright 2008 Shoppaholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez